Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Japanese BBM B.League Basketball Card 1st Half Mail Day!

I have become enamored by the new BBM.s new B.League cards this year.  I think the relative scarcity of the cards and great design is what appeals to me....not to mention Yuta Tabuse is in the set.  I was able to pick up a few unopened boxes for my collection before they sold out and a few weeks ago I also picked up the 1st and 2nd Half complete base sets as well as a bunch of unopened loose packs...maybe around 30 of each series.  Truth in advertising, the seller did admit these packs probably did not contain any autographs since once he pulled the 5 per box, all the packs that were left he ended up combining and selling in a larger lot.  I am a base card collector so I didn't mind.  It's unopened!

Billy did a great rundown of the 1st half set and once he gets his 2nd Half set box (Currently delayed due to the winter storm up his way) he'll be doing another one.  I'm looking forward to that one.  For those that are interested in some free B.League packs, I am running a contest right now on another thread.  I'll likely end that Giveaway this Saturday and ship the winner some goodies!

Anyway, here is the 72-card 1st Half set in its entirety and a few examples of the packs.  Happy Wednesday!










4 comments:

  1. Happy to see BBM get behind this league. My company produced the card sets for the B.League's predecessor bj-league, but that league did very little to promote and so it was ultimately a bust. We still have uncut sheets from those early sets, including the bj-league "Ultraman Kaiju" set. If you'd like scans to post here, I'd be happy to send you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. What company did/do you work for when the bj-league cards were the cards were produced? I can't remember what year those were produced. We'd love to see scans of the set for sure. Thanks for reaching out!

      Delete
  2. The company is Japanime Y.K., which is mostly involved in the publishing of educational manga (under the "Manga University" imprint). We did the bj-league cards from the league's first season through (I believe) the fifth. We also produced "shitajiki" featuring players of the Saitama Broncos during the league's first year. I'll get together some scans for you :)

    ReplyDelete